Frontera Search is recruiting an Electronics Engineer to build robotics for space.
We are looking for people passionate about robotics to help us build a new generation of affordable, mass-market robots for space applications and extreme terrestrial environments. We believe that the work we do today is foundational to achieving a future where the industrialization of space gives way to humanity living throughout our solar system.
What we are looking for in a candidate: You have demonstrated experience in electronics prototyping skills, selection of components, derating and typical bread-boarding. You have experience in building, integrating, and testing systems composed of sensing, processing, commanding and executing elements. A professional background in the space industry is not necessary, in fact, we want you to bring a fresh perspective to solving the challenge of developing space robotics systems.
● Build and test electronics prototypes and final components
● specification creation and requirement gathering of spacecraft electronics
● Architectural definition, systems and subsystem level design
● Component selection and definition based on system requirements
● System performance analysis
● Schematic capture and PCB Layout using Altium Designer and negotiation with Mechanical Engineers
● Leasing with PCB and assembly house to ensure quality and speed are achieved
● Electronic board bring up, verification and debugging
● Documentation of design, test procedures and manufacturing instructions to hand over design and test for production team.
● Design of the whole testing ecosystem for production of given design. (test jigs, test boards, cable looms, scripts etc)
● Design and procure components which meet all system requirements and survivability standards
● Develop & implement the motion control electronics for space robotics
● Develop schematic and layouts, working with both internal team members and external vendors.
● Develop, in collaboration with SW & embedded systems teams, software and firmware.
● Assist other team members from multiple disciplines to achieve their goals.
● Experience in signal processing and data acquisition
● Electronics theory, including component knowledge and analogue and digital circuitry expertise
● Experience with rigid-flex PCB design
● PCB and electronic design automation software package for printed circuit boards
● CubeSat or “new space” project experience
● Embedded software development
● Demonstrated experience in low power distribution management, motor control and electronics design
● B.S. in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or equivalent area of focus
● Demonstrated ability to work hard, under demanding schedule
● Proficient oral and written communication skills
● Ability to develop warm peer-to-peer relationships.
● Fluency in English (additional language a plus)
● Minimum 3+ years of professional experience
© 2020 Frontier Recruitment Group. All Rights Reserved,